Milky tea cocktail with rum & cinnamon
I'm sipping on this beauty whilst typing there words - and let me tell you, blogging with a cocktail in hand is a whole new level of bliss! Me & cocktails is a foreign land, especially when it comes to making my own ones (I much prefer safe hands of professionals - the ones at the Alchemist in Birmingham are real magicians - check out the place here). But since I'm a professional at making my own bubble tea (would you like to see a recipe?) I decided to take a plunge & make my own milky tea cocktail with nothing less autumnal than rum & cinnamon!

It's strong, it's comforting & it makes me oh so warm inside. You can make it either hot or cold (I prefer the hot version on colder evenings - the kind of evenings when you get home and you're drenched from a torrential rain and also a bit sniffly from the tremendous winds). All you need to do is steep a few bags of tea - or alternatively you can use a leaf tea too. For the one I'm holding in my hand right now I used Four Flavours Quartet from Tearoute (you can get it here). It's a mix of cinnamon, almond, chestnut and linden together with a base of green tea. It smells like Christmas as it as but adding a few drops (read a shot) of almond rum takes it to a whole new level. I do like my tea with rum on the coldest of days but this fanciness in a Moscow mule mug with a few ice cubes & a sprinkle of cinnamon on top is just aaaah.   

print recipe

Milky tea cocktail with rum & cinnamon
Ingredients
  • 4 tea bags tea of your choice
  • 1 litre milk
  • 1 litre water
  • 2 shots rum
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • a handful of ice cubes
Instructions
1. Boil water and add tea bags & sugar. Boil for 3 minutes.  2. Remove tea bags and pour into mugs, filling each much up to the half.  3. Add vanilla extract and top it up with milk. Now add a shot of your favourite rum into each mug. 4. Sprinkle with cinnamon & add ice cubes if you're making the cocktail cold.  5. You can also make it warm by warming up the milk & adding warm water.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time:

What's your favourite cold evening cocktail?

Milky tea cocktail with rum & cinnamon
Milky tea cocktail with rum & cinnamon
Milky tea cocktail with rum & cinnamon
Follow