AW16 fashion trends I've fallen in love with
I don't usually succumb to trends very easily. Not at all, in fact. And if I do then it's with a few months' delay (you know the standard people get sick of it so I can start liking it). But this year, this year's been a good un - there's a couple of trends & styles (& 90's resurrections) I'll happily add to my wardrobe. Perhaps not in the timely fashion (see what I did here? ha!) of how one should be rushing towards trends with open arms but I'll add them to my collection nonetheless - with some caution & perhaps a slightly more selective approach. The dreamy wardrobe overhaul at the top is from www.lyst.co.uk  (you can find all items on their website) but first let me give you a rundown of the AW16 trends I've been enjoying the most!

Pleather everything: More of an AW-every-year but definitely my most favourite. I think pleater (or leather for that matter) pieces just look so much more expensive and sophisticated. There are some beautiful pleather skirts at Oasis right now - the black pleated one is just to die for!

Crisp colours: There's not a huge amount of mustard, wine, green and all those proper autumnal colours around at the moment (at least not as much as it tends to be). And you know what? I like that! I really appreciate the clean cuts combined with crisp whites, blacks and beiges.

Super ultra thin lingerie: I'm completely, madly and deeply in love with the ultra thin & super soft underwear trend. I've stopped wearing anything padded and oh what a joy that is! I know that Forever 21 and H&M have quite a good range of these but the Agent Provocateur lingerie sets are making me speechless. Especially the bodysuits - insert hallelujah emoji hands.

PJs for days: I've been on a hunt for the perfect pyjamas top for ages and these River Island shirts are spot on! The white one's in fact a blazer which makes it about a million times more attractive to me - if you didn't know, I eat blazers for lunch!

Chunky court heels: And finally the one trend I wasn't too keen on initially but this pink pair of heels by Aldo completely changed my mind. The shape of these is perfect - it doesn't look frumpy (most of these chunky courts usually look like something you found at a charity shop in a small village in the middle of a no man's land) and the colour gives it a very grown up but feminine edge. Can I have a pair or two, or even three, please? They'd look immense with a pair of black tailored trousers and a pink wrap shirt. Just saying.

What's your favourite AW16 fashion trend?
Are you someone who jumps on the band waggon immediately or do you patiently wait it off like me?


Follow