I'm happy to announce that you're reading the first guest post by a fellow blogger ever published on my blog! And I'm even happier to say that this post is written by the amazingly talented Stephanie from Stephanie Pomfrett! I absolutely love her way of writing - it's so witty & just generally fun yet informative to read. In the post below (which by the way perfectly shows her wittiness, haha) she tells you more about her favourite hand creams that make your hands as soft as a baby bum! Read on!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I am paranoid about my hands. I think it’s because I use them for so much: for writing, for crafting, for wildly gesticulating when I talk. I think it’s really important to look after your hands because they can age you really quickly- NO ONE wants Madonna hands, right? Also, the nail art trend has thrown up some horrors; what’s the point in having beautiful nails if your hands look like they’ve spent all their life working on a building site?
Autumn and winter is the time to be looking after your hands and nails. Cold weather, central heating and scratchy gloves (I’m looking at YOU, Primark. At least they’re cute, I suppose…) can all lead to red, sore looking hands. So now is the time to invest in a little bit of TLC, none of which will break the bank.

L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream (from £8/30ml)
This is the beauty editor’s choice- Marie Claire have given it away in their November issue for the last two years. The reason why is because it’s really silky on the skin and is easily absorbed into hands. If you’re not a fan of the shea butter smell, there are also other fragrances to choose from. I would say, though, that this is not heavy duty enough for the coldest hands- it’s a bit too fine. Keep this one for the bedside table!

The Body Shop Almond Hand and Nail Cream (£11/100ml)
This is brilliant. It’s heavy without being greasy and really soothes tired, red hands. Also, it smells like almonds, so what’s not to love? Apparently the formula is thinner in the tube, but I like the version in the tub- and it’s not bad value, either. However, if you are in serious need of emergency skin soothing, I would recommend the Body Shop Hemp hand cream, although the smell is an acquired taste!

Vaseline Anti-Bacterial Lotion (£3.29/75ml)
My mum always used to use Vaseline and, as someone who works around people ALL THE TIME, I was delighted when Vaseline brought out an anti-bacterial version; it’s got all the old-fashioned Vaseline properties with added germ busting. It’s not glamorous, but by jingo, it’ll cut down on those nasty winter colds if you use it every time you get off public transport.

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand and Nail Cream (£4.09/75ml)
This is the classic cold-weather cream and something I keep on my desk at work; it’ll soften rough hands, smooth raggedy cuticles and smell OK too. This is heavy duty hand cream and one to keep in your arsenal if you’re prone to sore, red hands in winter (or really, really like snowballing.)

Thank you, Stephanie, for a brilliant post!
If you enjoyed reading it like I have, head over to Stephanie's blog or tweet her @wuthering_alice!
Oh, and by the way - what's your favourite hand cream at the moment?