What would you say to your younger self?
Don't you sometimes look at your old pictures and think: jesus! how did I get through those years?! I do (and looking at photos above you're probably asking the same question, ha!). So if I had a time travel machine and had the chance to say one things to my younger self it would be: You're going to be okay

I'm not gonna lie, as an only child living in the middle of nowhere (and by that I mean actually in the middle of nowhere - it would take you about 45 minutes to walk to the nearest bus stop), I probably did have it a touch more difficult to grow up than the rest of the children around me. I didn't go to kindergarten (my little feet were definitely not ready for every day hiking at that age), so when I started my primary school I was thrilled (and scared). I made loads of friends but looking back I was lacking a defence mechanism against mean kids. And that somehow dragged on with me throughout my teens and obviously had an impact on my self-esteem. I was a good egg, but I was a little cracked. It didn't help that my wardrobe contained about 3 outfits (on the good days). My day to day uniform was a pair of camo trousers (super baggy), a white vest (I thought they made my boobs look bigger), a brown bobbly cardigan, a pentagram on a leather string (don't even ask) and a black Miss Sporty eyeliner (the punk influence of the early 00's). I also cut my hair SHORT (I really do question whether I had any decent friends at that point - why has on one told me not to do this, for christ's sake?!). And my first 'boyfriend' was a dare (nah, it wasn't my dare). Yup, I was one of those kids.

Fast forward 10 years and I would say I turned out just fine. When I was 17 I decided I was going to live in the UK - so I went ahead and when I was 19 I made the big move. I've got a degree in tourism and now I have got a decent job. I live in a small but cosy flat with a caring boyfriend and an adorable (although a little evil) cat. I still cry and over-think things, sometimes I eat food that gives me spots and sometimes I wear too much blusher. But I also have got friends who laugh at my jokes and family that supports me. See, even though I was a little wreck of a teenage girl (jesus, I was embarrassing, wasn't I!), I turned out perfectly fine with a pinch of awkwardness here and there.

Now don't get me wrong - I don't wish to change anything about my teenage years or my childhood. I strongly believe that it was all worth it and made me a stronger person however I do wish that I wasn't such a worrier. I was mainly worried about not turning out okay. But trust me - you will. All the tough experiences reach the bottleneck at some point and then turn into an armour for the rest of your life! Let me just say this - it would have helped not cutting my hair ridiculously short (and maybe buying a few more tops, non-camo trousers and swapping the black liner for at least a brown one!), but hey - we all learn from our mistake!  

PS: Yes, feel free to laugh at my pictures, that's okay too. 


What would YOU say to your younger self?
Go ahead and check out more about this campaign over here or share your stories on social media with a hash tag #youngerself! 
           
wardrobe evolution