Monthly favourites March 2014

March was a bit of a crazy month - so many things happened (from me developing skills of telepathy to realizing that I need a brand new and also rather corporate wardrobe). Let me show you a few bits & bobs which I enjoyed using/reading/watching during this nutty spring month aka my March favourites. 


Schwartzkopf Got2b Dry Oil Mist (£3, Boots): Lately I've been enjoying playing with my hair a bit more - from braids to puffy pony-tails and buns. I'm far from being an expert when it comes to hair styling products so I decided to try the trial-error method of exploration. This dry oil mist is definitely a winner - you can only use the tiniest bit (otherwise you're risking wet looking/greasy hair do - true story) but once you get the amount right, it makes your hair look so glossy and, well, properly styled! I usually spray it over a braided up-do or a braided puff with a pony-tail.        
Stila In The Light palette (£25, Beauty Bay): I've had this palette for ages and always come back to it - it's so so easy to use and the pigmentation is incredibly rich! You can read a full review here.
Touch in Sol Dynamic Spectrum in Lovely Pink (£12.90, Yes Style): One of my top 5 pink blushers picks - I've been loving this blusher so much this month, especially because you can decide on the spot whether you want to have really pink cheeks or just a nice rosey flush. Read more here.
Eyeko Black Magic mascara (£18, Beauty Bay): I swear by Eyeko products - these are the best mascaras and eyeliners ever and it's going to be hard to make me replace them with a different brand. No smudging, no budging - once you put it on, you can forget it's there until the end of the day.
Tangle Teezer (£9.59, Beauty Bay): After almost 3 years I finally went and bought a new Tangle Teezer. My old one was, not kidding you, absolute rank and it probably made more damage to my hair than I'm willing to believe. Brushing your hair with a brand new brush feels awesome - how long have you had your brush for? Huh? No lies!
John Green books (£5.99 each, Waterstones): Justin gave me The Fault in Our Stars for my birthday - silly boy thought it was a cheerful book which will keep me company when he's gone for his holiday. Yeah. About that. I cried pretty much from page 1 until the very end where I was just sobbing uncontrolably. It's an awesome book though - one of those that you know you will read again. Currently I'm reading An Abundance of Katherines from the same author - much funnier (at least so far) but written with the same streak of genius. Check out my new Pinterest board for quotes and book/movie recommendations.
Now is good DVD (£2.99, new, E-bay): This is a very John Green/Jesse Andrews sort of story - and yes, you will need a box of tissues (preferably a multipack). At the very end I was in such a state of sobbing that I couldn't breathe and started making those horrible strangled sounds so Cookie had to get up from his cat tree, come over and calm me down. I may have cry-drooled on his fur, but luckily he didn't mind very much.

Monthly favourites March 2014

Cookie the cat

Cookie the cat








And my last favourite is this little one. Cookie has been keeping my company while Justin's away and he's been very nice to me. Most of the time. Apart from the day when he puked and pooped next to the bed. And when he dragged my slippers from the bedroom to the kitchen while I was sleeping. And when he put his smelly butt on my face while I was sleeping. And when he jumped on my stomach from the window ledge while I was sleeping. And when he spilled all his milk and water in the kitchen. And when he chewed on my leather jacket. Apart from that, he's an ace kitten. Serious. 

What have you been loving this month?