L'Oreal Colour Riche balms review

After snatching up the Maybelline Color Elixir off the USA Amazon (read a review here), I got quite carried away by the possibility of buying more products that are not available in the UK drugstores. My second buy were the L'Oreal Colour Riche balms, which are probably the most boring thing if you live across the ocean, but for us there they are like little precious gems. The shades I picked up are Caring Coral, Pink Satin & Rose Elixir.


Now, I'm not gonna lie to you - these were a bit of a disappointment. Not as much as the Maybelline Color Elixir ones, but still - the excitement had worn off after swatch number 2, and that's me being pretty damn optimistic. So what is particularly wrong with these? Well, nothing - and everything. The packaging is adorable and the look lovely on your dressing table, but maaayn, I was expecting something at least as impressive as the Revlon lip butters (which was probably a mistake which cost me this whole expectations vs reality shebang, urgh). The pigmentation is practically non-existent (hence no swatches because there's no point due to the utter sheerness and pigmentlessness), the moisturizing effect is alright and the consistency overall is just fine. They are just OK

If you're looking for a very slightly tinted glossy balm, then this might be for you, but I'd not recommend picking up more than one or two shades (definitely not the fair shades as they look literally identical). I got mine off Amazon here for $6 a pop. 

Have you tried these?
What did you think about them?