It has been quite a while since I raided my local Poundland, so the other day I thought I may pay a visit on the way to work (you would not believe how clean & tidy Poundlands are on a workday at 8:30am, even in Birmingham). There wasn't too I'd harp on about for hours but I did find two little gems in there worth a review - Milani Glimmer Stripes & Rimmel Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch. For a quid? Why not!
Milani Glimmer Stripes is basically a simple pink-toned shimmer brick. Nothing that would change your world, but it does have a good colour pay off and comes in a pretty pinky-bronze shade. I use it as a highlighter - although do be aware that it's not a super fine shimmer and it can come out as a bit of glitter if you're not using it scarcely. I actually prefer using the stripes individually - the top one as a highlight and the bottom ones as an eyeshadow - because these pigments are quite buttery & longlasting, they are perfect as a neutral base for a liquid eyeliner. You can see in the picture below that the texture is a bit sandy after a few uses, but hey - it was a pound and for the money, this little thing has got more than enough uses. 
Rimmel Wake Me Up Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch is still being sold in Superdrug for almost a fiver! In all honesty, I've never really been that interested in Rimmel (I actually class it as a brand I dislike, oops!) but because the radiance shimmer touch was such a blogging sensation when it was launched - I couldn't really not try it for that one quid. It's actually pretty much a liquid version of the above shimmer brick. A creamy pink-toned highlighter with silver shimmer (can look glittery if you overdo it!). It works as both highlighter and blush so does come pretty handy when you're in rush or just need to quickly grab something & run out of the door. Personally, I would not pay a fiver for this, but for a pound - grab a handful
Have you found something exciting in Poundland recently?