It has been quite sunny over the past few days, and although I've already started switchin into the autumn mode, I reversed a little for that tiny bit of sunshine. This is one of my favourite, and simpliest make-up looks I love wearing during hot summer days - a really light touch of almost a baby coral colour. And as a little Sunday treat, you can check out a dupe I've discovered the other day! 

In summer I love wearing my Ginvera Green Tea BB Cream, because it's just so light and covers blemishes quite nicely, so you don't have to go too wild with concealer. I only used concealer (Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection in Fair) under my eyes, just a light sweep, so it doesn't look too cakey. I filled my eyebrows with Accessorize Brow Pencil and set them with MeMeMe Arch Angel (I absolutely love that thing!). On my cheeks I've got Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels. On my eyes (you can see a detail shot below), I used MUA eyeshadow palette in Pretty Pastels (two coral/tangerine toned shades), MUA 3 in 1 Eyeliner in Brown and Tony Moly Cat's Wink Mascara.


Now to the dupe business. Normally I would use either Topshop Cream Blush in Head Over Heels as a lip stain or Topshop Lip Stick in Coy, because these two products have got the prettiest coral shades. The other day I picked up last few lipsticks which I was missing from my MUA lipstick collection (yeh, now I have all of them and so what, they are a quid each, that's not a splurge right?), and one of them was Shade 15 - Juicy. For some unforgivable reason, I thought that Shade 15 and 16 were the same, silly me! If I knew that Juicy is gonna be a pretty close dupe of Topshop's Coy, I would have run to Superdrug months ago! See how similar it looks to Coy??!


If you have got Topshop Lip Stick in Coy you know what a pain in bum it is to wear it. It's one of those products that I really want to love, but every time I wear it, I immediately regret it. It's so incredibly drying, it doesn't even apply properly without a ton of lip balm and ideally a lip gloss (so the matte finish happens to be sort of useless in the end), you have to sharpen it (if you are able to find a pencil sharpener of that size), it fades in bits (because my lips just refuse to deal with the dryness)... MUA Lipstick in Juicy is a joy to use! It's super moisturizing if I compare it to Coy and you can even apply it without a mirror (if you're applying 1-2 coats). It does fade pretty fast, but doesn't leave any streaks or ugly stains, so you can just re-apply it anytime. I have super dry lips, and I have to admit that when they are having a bad day, this lipstick can accentuate the absolutely driest bits, but it's manageable (plus I really think it's the shade that's to blame, all coral toned lipsticks do this to me, eh). As you can see below, Juicy lacks a bit in pigmentation compared to Coy, but I believe that's purely because of the consistency (chalk=more pigment, hydration=less pigment). Juicy is pretty buildable if you're after a more intense shade.        


Now the coolest thing about dupes: Coy is £7 and Juicy is £1. By all means, if I'm picking a coral lip product for next summer or a holiday, it's not gonna be Coy (I'm sorry, Topshop!) but it's gonna be Juicy, because for those £6 you can have 6 more MUA lipsticks. Or 6 packs of Maltesers from Morrisons, nom nom nom! You can get MUA lipsticks in selected Superdrugs or online in MUA store.  


What's the latest dupe you've discovered?