Almost a month ago I told you how excited I was about the launch of MUA's Lipstick & Highlighting Gloss: Lip Boom!*, and today I can happily tell you that they did not fail my expectations, I would actually say that they have exceeded them! The shades I've tried are OK.COM, CHEEKY & IT'S A SITUATION. Oh, and did you know that they will be released tomorrow?!


Alexandra Burke & MUA got together and came up with this lovely idea to create a product which incorporates a lipstick and a highlighting gloss in one 'double-bullet' - BOOM! 
On one side you have a lipstick, which is just as good as regular MUA lipsticks, it's nice, creamy and has got great pigmentation. Usually MUA lipstick tend to transfer off my lips quite quickly, but I do suspect that the Boom lipsticks have got slightly different formula, because they stay on for much longer, especially the darker shade - It's a Situation (I have to admit, it was actually quite a job to wash it off straight after takin pictures for this post, hah!).    

On the other side you have a highlighting gloss, which someone says is just a regular gloss, but I think the 'highlighting' bit is quite important there. It's not exactly gloss how you know it, it's extremely glittery, and I mean chunks of glitter glittery and the colour compliments nicely to the lipstick, the best you can see it on dark shades such as It's a Situation, where the lipstick is obviously dark burgundy colour and the gloss is silver glitter. This is why the highlighter work so well here - you can sculpt your lips with them because they bring out the curves of highlighted bits of your lips or you can plump it all up and cover your lips in glitter altogether, very smart, I have to say!  

One more important detail you should know - both the lipstick and the highlighter have got the most delicious vanilla scent ever!








There is quite a large selection of shades, and each of them has got a funky little name! You can get these little babies from Superdrugs or online in MUA store from tomorrow (9th May) on for mere £3! What a bargain for such a great product! 


Which of them is your favourite colour?