I'm a huge fan of Topshop make-up, I'm telling you. I actually believe that my life would be complete with only three brands in my make-up bag: MUA (eyeshadows), Sleek (blushes) and the rest would be Topshop (oh and some Asian BB to top it off!). I love literally every single product from Topshop that I've tried. Maybe I'm a bit biased because I already believe I will like it when I'm buyin it, but oh wells, maybe it's just ridiculously good! Because my make-up basket (yeh, I store my make-up in a basket & a box & another basket) has recently started overflowing with Topshop products, I've decided to do a little big series of Topshop Diaries, and introduce you to all the little beauties. The first one which I've been enjoying lately is a mascara in Bitter choc.   


As you may have read on my blog before, I much more prefer high end mascaras than the drugstore ones. Not only because of the fact that the high end ones usually have a regular brush, rather than rubbery or plastic one, which I just don't seem to befriend, but also because of qualities such as staying power and overall performance. No matter how much I would like to love that Maybelline mascara raved about by everyone, it just doesn't do a thing for me. Topshop as a make-up brand however is something in between for me - it's not really a high end and not a drugstore brand either to be fair. In general people rave about Topshop lipsticks and maybe some nail polishes, however I don't think I've read a review of a mascara yet. 


Like all Topshop products, this little number comes in a quirky white packaging and surprise surprise - a regular brush which has got just the right size, I would say it looks a bit like Clarins or Clinique mascaras.  



The colour is bitter choc, which is a nice deep brown with reddish tint to it, therefore nicely matches my eyebrow colour (which is filled in with Angel Arch by MeMeMe). Excuse the wobbly eyeliner, haha! But you can see that this mascara adds great definition, length as well as a bit of volume. Nothing over dramatic, but a nice accent for a day wear. Now what's the most important for me, it doesn't smudge, it doesn't leave nasty little bits under my eye and it doesn't clump. I would probably compare it to Elizabeth Arden's Double Density with more accentuate length than volume and a slightly different shade of brown.   


Overall, I think it's a really good value for money (£8 in Topshop stores or online) and would happily repurchase as an everyday mascara.

What's your favourite mascara at the moment?