The other day I was walking through Debenhams and someone handed me a 0.8ml sample of Lolita Lempicka's The Eau de Parfum. For some reason, I've never sniffed this beauty before, knowing now I definitely should have! So what is so amazing about it?



First of all, I did some research which made me even more excited about the fragrance! Lolita Lempicka is a pseudonym (quality pseudonyms are such a vintage thing, don't you think?) of a French designer Josiane Maryse Pividal. Apparently, Josiane adopted her name from two sources - Lolita comes from Nabokov's character Lolita and Lempicka is a homage to Tamara de Lempicka, an artist. 

I have to admit, this is a brilliant choice, which fully represents the scents! Specifically, The First Fragrance has got something from both sources. It has a 'bold' girly summery scent which evokes purity of flowers as well as heavier sensual 'skin' subtone. It very much reminds me of heavy and sweet scent of violets and violet bonbons (apparently, the Emperor Sisi loved these!). Simply, it is just that kind of scent a sexy wild (not slutty!) girl should smell like, I think!   

The only drawback of this scent, which I have noticed, is that it does not linger on my skin for THAT long. I am pretty sure that my sample was EDP, but would guess it lingered probably a little bit longer than I would expect EDT does. Maybe it is it the cold weather though, I noticed perfumes linger on my skin for much less than in summer (for apparent reasons).

Just to give you a little bit more 'pro' information to imagine the smell, here is a snap from the official Lolita Lempicka website!

See the amazing bottle? While researching this brand, I got a bit carried away and look what I found! I literally need obliged to share this with you. It's the range of perfumes Lolita Lempicka produces! Look at the amazing bottle designs! I honestly don't think there is a perfume brand making such unique bottles.


Do you like Lolita Lempicka perfumes? Have you got one or is one on your wish list?