On the fourth day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.




Today's yet another day for a challenge! Karla Powell got inspired by four calling birds and recreated this Snow Queen extremely bold lip! How amazing! But I couldn't stop wondering what the meaning behind a 'calling bird' is, because when you google it, it usually comes up with four birds and a telephone. DOH! Nevertheless, I managed to get to some more sensible explanation. Apparently it comes from old English collie, which means coal. Coal is black hence the blackbird. My inspiration for today was therefore pretty straight forward!

What I used:
  • MUA Immaculate Collection Palette
  • MUA Mono Eye Shadow in Shade 19 - Matt 
  • MUA 3 in 1 Extreme Contour Eye Pen
  • L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Luminizer for Hazel Eyes  


First of all I ephasised my eyebrows with the brown matte colour. Then, I contoured my eye with black contour pen, avoiding inner corner of my eye. After that, I covered my whole eye lid, again avoiding the inner corner of my eye, in a block colour - shade 4 from the Immaculate Collection Palette. Finally, I added a bit of shade 14 from the same palette in the inner corner of my eye. I added a bit of volume to my lashes with mascara. This is the final look:



Hope you enjoy my today's look and I encourage you to give it a try, it is so easy to work with the Immaculate Collection Palette, it's unreal! #yes