On the second day of Christmas,
my true love sent to me
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree.




This time, Karla Powell got inspired by the turtle dove wing feathers and created an amazing eye shadow look. Nevertheless, I kept it in a tradition of nail art, and you can check out how this challenge went today!

Products I used:

  • MUA Extreme Felt Eyeliner in Black
  • Bourjois So Laque! Ultra Shine Nail Varnish in Noir De Chine No.30 
  • Essence White Tip Painter
  • Essence Nail Polish Remover Pen
  • Sally Hansen Insta-Grip Base Coat
  • OPI Nail Envy

This was what I call a challenge! Excuse the messy look and my sausage-y fingers please. How did I start? Because I was painting three (random or thumb, index and middle finger) nails on each hand black, I decided to go for a solid base coat (don't you just hate your nails turning yellow after dark nail polish? #sigh). When the base coat was dry, I put two coats of black on. When this was dry, I put on white tip (slightly bigger than usual) and a thin line through the middle of the nail (don't be overly precise!).   


Then, for the two last fingers, I used base coat too, white nail polish (one coat was enough) and went crazy with MUA felt tip eyeliner in black! When everything was dry, I put on OPI top coat. Two turtle doves came to life! #yay 


This is the final look. I believe someone with more steady hand and less blind would take it to perfection! And look at the dove feathers, which I took my inspiration from!

(the last picture is from here!)
Hope you like it! Would love to see someone recreating this! #pleasepleaseplease