Rub Smokehouse & Bar, Birmingham Review
Rub Smokehouse & Bar at Regency Wharf is my new favourite dining out place in Birmingham! It's in fact all I've been looking for in the city for a couple of years now - it has an quirky American diner atmosphere, epic food (honestly, the creativity that goes into their menu is insane!) and the staff is ever so friendly. It's the perfect place to treat yourself to an epic decadent dinner (be it after a full day of shopping or that special Birthday evening) and to just sit and sip on your Bacon Moonshine (an actual cocktail, I fool you not).  

🍔 FOOD MENU
Rub is essentially your true American BBQ restaurant with everything you'd expect and more. Start your dinner with a portion of Wham Bam Thank You Mam Fries (nachos, potato fries and skin on fries topped with pulled pork, sour cream and jalapeños). If there's any room in your belly left then tuck into one of their #EpicFood options - perhaps Big Boy USA in Little Italy (a double cheeseburger, in a bun with fries wrapped up in a BBQ & Mozzarella flavoured Calzone - a real filthy dinner!). Even though I never ever order salads when eating out I had their Southwestern Salad with diced avocado, feta cheese, black beans and sweetcorn drizzled in a hot zest dressing and I'm not even exaggerating when I say it's the best salad I've had in a long time! I absolutely loathe sweetcorn (I must have been feeling all sorts of wild for ordering it haven't I!) but I was amazed how amazing it tasted in this salad. It's that Frank's Cayenne Sauce, I'm telling ya. And I've already managed to track it down so I can recreate this bad boy at home! The salad doesn't fully represent the decadence of Rub but it certainly says a lot about the quality of their dishes! Oh and have I mentioned that you can order an actual kitchen sink filled with all things sweet for a dessert? I know, right? I can't even either.
Check out the full menu here and their dessert menu here.

🍹COCKTAIL MENU
The cocktail menu is no less enchanting that the food one. What about trying the Smore Money, Smore Problems cocktail? It's a hickory smoked rum with salted white chocolate & caramel syrup and lime juice. Or their American Voodoo (a rum grog, spiced pumpkin & chestnut syrup, lemon juice, bitters, orange juice, pineapple juice and American beer) which comes in a shrunken head pitcher!
See the full menu here.

I'm well smitten with the whole interior which is really bright and airy with lots of room and high ceilings. The decor is quirky with pops of bright colours throughout which definitely catches your eye! You can also admire their burgers on Terri's blog right here.

Have you been to Rub yet?
You can find out more about Rub here

Rub Smokehouse & Bar, Birmingham Review
Rub Smokehouse & Bar, Birmingham ReviewRub Smokehouse & Bar, Birmingham Review
Rub Smokehouse & Bar, Birmingham Review
Rub Smokehouse & Bar, Birmingham Review
Rub Smokehouse & Bar, Birmingham ReviewRub Smokehouse & Bar, Birmingham Review
Rub Smokehouse & Bar, Birmingham Review
Follow
SaveSave