DIY cactus terrarium for £1
Just like every blogger & their cat I have a thing for cacti. And terrariums. Ideally both at once. I've been uhm-ing & ah-ing over those round glass bowl ones for absolute ages - the bowls range from anywhere in between £5 & £20 which is not terrible but you know that I already have two terrariums - well 4 since there are also 2 hanging terrariums in the bedroom, yerr. I didn't feel like I could justify another terrarium in this Hobbit den of a house. Things quickly changed last week when I was roaming aimlessly (read on a hunt for a ridiculous amount of cheap chocolate) through Poundland. And then... I found this plastic fish bowl in the party section! WHAT!    

What will you need for this DIY?
🌵 a plastic fish bowl (£1 from Poundland)
🌵 a bit of cactus soil (or normal soil & some pebbles for the bottom to allow for drainage)
🌵 cacti of your choice (or any plants that you want to use, mine are from Wilkos for £1.50 each)

And how to put it all together?
Easy! I do recommend picking up cacti of different heights so you get a nice landscape in your terrarium. These terrariums are also really useful if you have cats and are worries that they will be too brave and get cacti needles stuck in their nose (we've been there, haven't we Cookie). I personally love how it's turned out - you can't even tell that it's not a glass bowl!

I hope you've enjoyed this quick DIY! 
Have a lovely Sunday!

DIY cactus terrarium for £1
DIY cactus terrarium for £1
DIY cactus terrarium for £1
DIY cactus terrarium for £1
DIY cactus terrarium for £1
DIY cactus terrarium for £1
Follow