DIY Anthropologie-inspired Greek plant pots
You already know that if I was to use only one skin care brand it would be Perricone MD. If I was to use only one make-up brand it would be Charlotte Tilbury. If I was to shop in just one home decor store it would be Anthropologie (with furniture from West Elm, obviously). Sometimes I go to place an online order for Asda delivery and suddenly, without any warning or you know - awareness - I'm on the Anthropologie website putting a floral rolling pin & a set of hedgehog measuring spoons into my basket. The uncontrollable power of the internet. Sometimes though - just sometimes - I think hey, I could re-create that for less than a tenner (looking at anything animal-figure-toy-esque). Or these bold, Greek inspired plant pots - when they were on the website I used to go & admire them almost religiously on a more frequent basis than I'm willing to admit. But they sold out quicker than bread (as everything on Anthropologie) and all I was left with was empty hands. And a heap of inspiration!

What will you need to make these Anthropologie-style hand-painted plant pots?

🌿 old plant pots or bowls (I got the smallest one from Wilkos for just £1!)
🌿 spray paint of choice (I'm using Rust-Oleum's Painter's Touch spray paint in Sun Yellow, Cherry Red & Brilliant Blue - see them here)
🌿 white acrylic paint & thin brush
🌿 a bucketful of patience

And how to make them?

I'm making it sound more dramatic then it is - these are actually super easy to make! Spray paint your pots - I did 2 coats and also a little bit on the inside, just because some of my planters were a little smaller than the plant pots themselves and the inside rim was peaking through. Once dried (& super glossy - I think the high gloss gives them that expensive look, don't you think?) take your white acrylic paint & a paint brush and start painting the designs. My favourite (and the easiest) was the blue one - it was actually incredibly therapeutic to paint the flowers! Not gonna lie, the red one was the most difficult one and definitely the poorest attempt from my side. Completely lost my nerve on it (then went back to carry on with the blue pot therapy). Now leave to dry & voila you have some swanky Anthropologie pots for way less than a fiver each!

Are you fan of Anthropologie inspired DIY projects?
I have a few more aces up my sleeve so keep your eyes peeled! 

DIY Anthropologie-inspired Greek plant pots
DIY Anthropologie-inspired Greek plant pots
DIY Anthropologie-inspired Greek plant pots
DIY Anthropologie-inspired Greek plant pots
DIY Anthropologie-inspired Greek plant pots
Follow