Oleum Vera: DIY Organic Face Cleansing
You know I love my DIY projects - I truly do. So when Oleum Vera got in touch I was so incredibly excited! I remember when I was a kid I was always onto DIY beauty - my vast experience in this field covers soap making (from rose petals & lard, as you do), hand cream wizardry (pure glycerin & herbs) and even perfume concoctions (boiled jasmine petals). No, please do not try this at home - even I wonder how I survived most of those ingredients being slathered on my skin! Sometimes even the simplest DIY beauty projects need a little guidance (if anything then for your own safety). And that's where Oleum Vera has you covered.

🌿 Who's Oleum Vera?

Oleum Vera is a Montreal based brand which has recently launched their first organic DIY beauty line. Their message is quite simple;
'We want to take body care out of the hands of the beauty industry and reclaim it for humans like us, who like plants, the Earth, and being able to pronounce the names of ingredients.'
The concept itself is pretty genius - each kit contains 6 months worth of supply for each specific beauty regime - be it hair care, cleansing, moisturising, body care or a pamper day (they also do a men's kit!). Each kit contains an assortment of plant-based oils, essential oils, powdered clays, dried algae and flower petals. You also get a little recipe book with a dozen or so beauty recipes to make your desired products. This way you can not only customise your products (if your skin is oily you add more of a certain ingredient than if your skin is dry and vice versa) but you also know exactly what each ingredient is - there are no catches, everything is natural & 100% certified organic and totally up to you how you mix it!

🌿 OFF TO A GOOD START: DIY Organic Face Cleansing Kit

The kit that I've tried is called Off To A Good Start - it contains 4 plant-based oils (castor, avocado, sweet almond & moringa), 4 essential oils (peppermint, lemongrass, tea tree & oregano), a white & bentonite kaolin clay, rose petals & lavender buds. With these supplies you will make 3 cleansing oils, 3 facial scrubs and 3 deep-cleansing masks (and you also get containers to keep these in). The whole kit comes in a gorgeous environment-friendly wooden box (it totally has a beach vibe to it, you can just imagine making your potions and lotions on a sunny porch whilst listening to the ocean).

So far I've tried making two products:

🍵 Herbal Cleansing Oil with Oregano

The cleansing oil was ever so easy to make - you get a little pipette so you don't even make any mess when pouring the oils into the larger container. I'm a huge fan of oil based products so this herbal cleansing oil is right up my street - it makes your skin feel super nourished and moisturised. I would recommend using this only in the evening though because it is a little on the heavier side!

🍵 Deep Cleansing Rose & Avocado Mask

Lately I've been enjoying face masks more than ever before - might be because there's so many amazing ones out at the moment! It was so much fun making my very own DIY deep cleansing mask though - and the rose petals made the experience so luxurious. Once applied you could tell how intense and 'clean' this mask is - you could definitely feel the power of a real clay powder and rose petals.

Overall I think this is a great idea - it's a little treat for yourself, one that makes your skincare routine an actual self love practising ritual, one that takes your mind away from all the stress from around you. I had an absolute blast making my own products - listening to my new favourite album from the Domestics and just resting properly.

I recommend reading of this post on Oleum Vera's blog, which goes in-depth into the subject of how natural & organic their products are. If you sign up to their website here (which is, of course, absolutely free), you can explore over 50 DIY beauty recipes!

To have a better look at their kits you can browse them (& buy them) here.

Have you ever tried any DIY beauty products?
What's your experience with DIY beauty?

Oleum Vera: DIY Organic Face Cleansing
Oleum Vera: DIY Organic Face Cleansing
Oleum Vera: DIY Organic Face Cleansing
Oleum Vera: DIY Organic Face Cleansing
Oleum Vera: DIY Organic Face Cleansing
Oleum Vera: DIY Organic Face Cleansing
Oleum Vera: DIY Organic Face Cleansing
Oleum Vera: DIY Organic Face Cleansing
💭 This post is in collaboration with Oleum Vera however the expert DIY beauty skills are my very own, cultivated throughout my childhood living in the country and picking things off the floor that I thought had a lot of beauty potential (turns out they actually do, whey!).   

Follow