Mulled wine with orange & honey
Especially if you're a continental European you can't imagine winter without jugs of mulled wine. That kind of mulled wine that makes the whole house smell like Christmas, perhaps mixed with the warmth of a burning log fire & the hum of Christmas carols. I must admit I do enjoy mulled wine at the German Christmas market in Birmingham - despite it coming in a cup that you have to pay a reservation fee on so your 200ml of an already cold beverage costs a fiver. I still love it. And I can't wait to have one this winter (I could literally go tomorrow when the market opens right, or is that too keen?). Meanwhile I'm gonna cook up my favourite recipe at home - that way I can drink it from those massive soup mugs without people judging me (yes, I'm that kind of person).

PRINT RECIPE

Mulled wine with orange & honey
Best enjoyed when everything's covered in snow!
Ingredients
  • 1l red wine
  • 1 tbsp granulated sugar
  • 2 tbsp honey
  • 1 sliced orange
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 4 anise stars
  • 2 tbsp cloves
  • 1 sliced apple (optional)
Instructions
1. Pour wine into a pot & bring to boil. 2. Add all ingredients and boil for further 5 minutes. 3. Enjoy your cuppa of mulled wine!
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 mugs

Can I also note that what looks like dust in the cup is actually from the clove & star anise? Dust would never have time to settle on my mulled wine. Just saying. 

What's your favourite mulled wine recipe?
Share a link in the comments with me please, I'd love to try it!

Mulled wine with orange & honey
Mulled wine with orange & honey
Mulled wine with orange & honey
Mulled wine with orange & honey
Mulled wine with orange & honey
Follow