SheIn purple floral boho dress
Last summer I completely fell in love with everything bohemian & gypsy inspired. Once the cold weather came, I reluctantly folded my pretty boho dresses and playsuits away and shoved them all under the bed. I have been missing them a lot lately - they are so flowy and comfortable! So I sat down and gave it a thought - could I wear some of the pieces even when it's freezing outside?

Of course, and Pinterest is the best inspiration for this - especially American and Australian girls know how to rock a bohemian dress on chillier days! Here are a few tips which I've picked up browsing the Pinterest world of boho.

HATS
And when I say hats I mean floppy hats especially! Or even bowler hats. If you can pull of a beanie, then that would work too. I can only presume that the bareness of a summer dress is compensated by covering up every other piece of skin showing. I've recently seen some really swanky floppy hats in Primark, so keep your eyes peeled for those!

OVER THE KNEES
The same logic can be applied to your legs - a pair of thick tights and over the knee boots is a must with a flowy summer dress. I know that everyone is all over Stuart Weitzman and his collection but please allow me to point you in the direction of Public Desire, will you? They have the most beautiful of the knee boots and their sale is constantly on.

FUR & LEATHER
To balance out the thin material of your summer dress, bring in some texture. This can be in a form of a rock'n roll biker jacket or a snuggly fur gilet - my personal favourite.

LONGLINE COATS & CARDIGANS
Although the above are all great and snazzy pieces to style, I'm usually one to run out of the house without giving my outfit a second thought (which tends to end up catastrophically on all sorts of malfunctioning levels). This also means that most of the times I just want to throw something on - literally. Longline coats or cardigans have become my best friends - they conceal my poor choices enough for me to go about my day with as little embarrassment as possible. Hurray!   

boho dress // SheIn
black duster // C&C 
handbag // Primark
watch // DW (via Aliexpress)