How to unwind after a long winter day
The colder the weather, the stronger the winter winds - the moodier and more tired I become. That's just the way it is. What do they call it, the winter blues? More like winter greys and greiges and graphite darkness.

On days like these it's important to know how to unwind.


☕ A GOOD BOOK

It took me absolute ages to find these 80p Penguin Classics! Shaun says they have them in every Waterstones but I ain't believing that - they definitely are not in the Walsall one and I'm not sure they are in the Birmingham one either because I just could not find them. I finally discovered them by chance at Grand Central's Foyles! They have the prettiest books there - I swear they choose their stock by how pretty the cover pages are.  

☕ AN EVEN BETTER DIY

I have been on a roll with my DIYs, haven't I? There's something incredibly therapeutic about creating things. I am fully aware that the £50 worth of spray paint would get me a brand new chest of drawers but that wouldn't be half as much fun! Check out my most recent projects: vintage apothecary posters with frames (see here), quick & easy steam-punk style planters (peek here) and cactus terrariums (right here).


☕ PAMPERED SKIN & SENSES

I've always been a massive fan of skin oils and this new discovery of mine has quickly climbed to the very top of my favourites - Michael Lorin Reed's Gold Serum (buy here) is a serum developed by a Manhattan-based dermatologist. The key extracts of sage, juniper and citrus give the oil very strong relaxing scent and they are also, as you'd expect, very effective ingredients. Exactly what my skin needs after a long day at work.


☕ THE BEST NIGHT'S SLEEP

I don't need a good night's sleep, I need the best sleep possible. Without that I will be grumpy and snappy throughout the following day - which is pants, to say the least. When I'm struggling to fall asleep (not that often anymore - touch wood - but still happens) I either use Frankincense facial mist from Neal's Yard Remedies (see here) or Mio Liquid Yoga Stress Free Space Spray (buy here). The space spray is particularly effective because you can spritz it directly on your pillow and just face plant right into it, mmmm.     

What do you do to unwind after a long stressful day at work?

💭 Some of the aforementioned products have been sent to me for trial, all aforementioned nightmares, tight muscles & collection of 80p Penguin Classics are my own.

Follow