This year's autumnal tones seem to be mainly creams, beiges & greiges. Did you know that all tones of brown (including beiges) symbolise stability, structure and support? The colour brown is apparently approachable, friendly and genuine. Maybe that's the reason why I find these colours so calming. In fact I find myself noticing this year's autumnal colours more than I'd had in the past years - autumn 2015 has so far been beautifully golden and warm and not even that rainy (touch wood!).  

I find button up shirt-style dresses to be incredibly classic - they have this androgynous feel to them but at the same time are uber feminine when on (because you know - it kinda looks like you're wearing just a shirt). This cream one from SheIn is made of a really comfortable (and surprisingly expensive looking) material and if paired with black tights and a blazer it would work excellent for office wear. I obviously had to pair it with a floppy hat and (ever so slightly pretentious) just-below-the-knee faux suede boots (can you tell I was going for the Pinterest-esque vibe here? shhhh!). To balance out the block of black colour on the bottom half I added a large black faux leather bag from House of Fraser (bargain alert: it's now on sale in their handbag section!) - it has quickly become my most favourite work bag ever because you can fit so much in and it has like 4 different compartments, woah!              


shirt dress // SheIn
suede boots // Aliexpress
belt // Primark (last season)
hat // H&M (last season)
handbag // Oasis (via House of Fraser)
watch // TK Maxx
rings // Primark