Sugaring hair removal recipe
Yeah, about that.. You probably really wish I'd say I didn't wax my legs in the kitchen, but sorry not sorry I did. Apparently sugaring is one of the most on trend hair removal techniques at the moment (who knew that hair removal falls into the category of trendy things, whaa?!). And you never know when the day of no wax in the house but a hot date on the doorstep comes - it seems pretty damn useful to know how to wax your legs with a cup of sugar and a dash of salt & lemon drizzle, doesn't it? 

You surely need to than just sugar, salt & lemon juice, I hear you say. No. All you need are these three ingredients a splash of water. For a decent amount of wax, you need the following:

1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of lemon juice
1/2 cup of salt
1/2 cup of water

Mix all the ingredients in a pot and boil until the mixture turns a bit maple-syrupy. Leave to cool down (it's enough that you will have to endure the pain of waxing, let alone boiling hot waxing!), and apply on your leg - now use a piece of porous cloth to smooth out the sugaring mixture on your skin and apply a little pressure on the place you're currently waxing. Close your eyes, think about pink unicorns and RIP - IT - OFF. After a few tears and a bag of frozen peas on your leg, continue until you've waxed all desired areas. Voila! 

Not gonna lie, I didn't have the strength to take pictures while sugaring my legs, I was in a bit of agony, haha! Strange how epilating doesn't hurt anymore but waxing (which you would think is a very similar technique) hurts like hell! Would I recommend this as a standard practise? Never. I'm not a big fan of at-home-waxing as such neither as I find it way too time consuming. Nevertheless I believe that it's handy to be aware of sugaring as a hair removal method just in case an emergency crops up & you need to deal with it from comfort of your own.. kitchen!

There are a few other ways how to achieve a sugaring mixture - read here for more tips on 'au naturale' legs and sugaring. You can also read this post on how I made my own exfoliator and this post on how I made my own chocolate mud mask!   


Have you tried sugaring yourself?
What do you think about it? 

Luxury legs