Who? What? Jane Iredale?! Never heard of the brand? Neither have I, until just fairly recently. And let me tell you - that is such a shame! Why do people keep raving about the same brands over & over again when there are brands like Jane Iredale, which are just as good (or even better), but unless you venture into the furthest corners of the internetz, you won't have a clue about them. *double sigh* Let me introduce you to one of the first skin care make-up brands out there - Jane Iredale, everyone!

Jane Iredale was founded in 1994 and it is a mineral skin care make-up brand which provides women with beautiful yet skin-friendly products. Before I get into the selection of products I tried, let me point out that the packaging is absolutely gorgeous - seriously, can you get more sophisticated than this? Gold tones and sleekness, yes, that simple. 

D2O Hydration spray (£22.50) I love my face spritzes (read about other ones here & here) - they are brilliant both in summer when you need a quick refresh & in winter when you need a quick wake up call on a cloudy foggy day. The D2O contains seaweed extracts, Ylang Ylang, Chamomile and Myrrh which helps to calm you skin, balance its oils and tone down any redness. It smells so so good, almost like a perfume for your face; and really helps my make-up stay in place - I dare say it adds hours to the fresh 'just put my make-up on' look! 
PurePressed Mineral foundation in a compact (£29.95 +£12) This foundation has a rather sheer coverage, which will be great for the transition between winter & spring - at the moment I'm using it on top of Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint and it looks so beautiful. It actually makes my skin feel like a velvet. You know when you have a close up in a foundation commercial and their skin looks so soft you just wanna stroke it? Yeah, so velvety! It is a pricey little toy, but it does look gorgeous and stays on whole day - even when I work at outside in this terrible weather! Oh, did I mention that there are 14 different shades to choose from? Get in!
PureMoist lipstick in Margi (£19) I'm not sure what is the key ingredient that makes this lipstick stand out so much - maybe the Moringa oil or the Coffee seed? - but the consistency is really exceptional. I mean, I really like No7 Siren, that's probably my favourite red lipstick, but compared to PureMoist, it is so drying even though the lasting power is about the same. This PureMoist lipstick is strongly pigmented and almost oily in texture - it glides really smoothly onto your lips and doesn't dry them at all.  
The Handi brush (£26.50) A pretty handy brush (ha, that's a pun right there!) which goes perfectly with the pressed foundation above. Handbag essential, and why not! 

Although these products don't necessarily fall under my usual budget brackets, I can definitely appreciate the quality & value behind Jane Iredale. I guess you can tell from review of each product how excited this brand makes me, hey! It's one of those brands I'm really grateful to have gotten to know about through blogging and really wish women were more aware of it! You can grab yourself (or you know, Santa can do it for ya!) a lipstick or another product on offer on Beauty Bay.


Have you heard of Jane Iredale before?
Have you tried any of her products before?