Yesterday was my day off so I went for a stroll around Walsall (as if you can stroll around this town, hahaa!) and since the amazing carboot-sale-esque markets are here only on Wednesdays, the Wharf retail park was the only decent place to go, shopping-wise. The Wharf has basically everything you need to buy an autumn appropriate outfit and perhaps a few more bits & bobs - Outfit, River Island, TKMaxx, H&M, Asda Living

On the way to the Wharf I stopped at Smart Ideas - a tiny store on Park Street with the most random selection of gifts - and the biggest section on Yankee candles (even more than you can find in the whole Birmingham). They even have these adorable jar huggers - look at this one! Seriously - how cute is that?! Oh wells, since I couldn't part with almost £15 for a jar lid, I bought 5 wax tarts for my oil burners instead. They make my home smell so yummy! 

The first stop was in TKMaxx. I wanted so so so many things there! Emma Hardie products on sale for some £18?! Oh dear. However, due to (attempts for) early Christmas saving, I only picked up Tresemme leave-in spray, which I used to buy by gallons from Poundland until I bought it all and the stock was gone. Now they sell it for something like £2.99 in TKMaxx - don't even want to guess how old this batch is, but it's such a good spray.. I may have done a little happy dance when I saw it. Maybe. In addition to that I picked up Korres shampoo - because Korres shampoos are ace and because it'd be rude to say no to such a brilliant product when it was discounted from more than a tenner to four quid. 

Stop number two - H&M. I actually had a voucher for £5 off when you spend at least £20 so I took the plunge & got myself a burgundy jumper (I now own the exact same jumper in 4 different colours - how fashionably adventurous!) & a plain black top (it is so hard to find a decent plain top, let me tell you).     

Finally, I stopped in Asda. Now, the story behind this purchase is just too predictable. Every day on my way to work I pass this ad on a pillar in the middle of the street. It's an Asda ad - there's this pretty girl on it wearing an army jacket (tick ), black leggings (tick ) & a burgundy fox sweatshirt (NEED). Yep, so that happened. I'm so easily influenced by marketing that I actually feel ashamed. Little sheep, I am. But - that sweatshirt has got a FOX on it!!!    




What autumn-themed things have you bought lately?