Contemporary cat art: 6 top picks Our last cat-inspired art time was all about Judith Loske & her adorable cat illustrations. Her drawings & paintings are beyond cute, so I thought today we could have a look at some inspirational contemporary cat art. It's very different from your regular cute cat illustration and I have to say upfront - I would be very selective while picking a painting for my living room, but at the same time - it's fascinating to discover that some people see cats in such a unique way that they incorporate them into art like this.

Below is just a little selection from the Saatchi website (your ultimate online art market place). I wouldn't be afraid to say that there are hundreds of thousands of painting on Saatchi & at least a few hundred of them somehow work around the whole cat theme. I particularly like the one below by a Serbian artist Selena Tabakovic. It looks as if a futuristic Leonarda da Vinci drew this! I also like the colourful cat face by Spanish artist Anora Ashurova - I think it would look gorgeous in a flat with a super contemporary interior decor! Here's a run down of come of my favourite paintings: 

🐈 Felix in the sun - Michael McEvoy (see it here)
🐈 Towards the cat - Selena Tabakovic (admire it here)
🐈 Grey cats - Niki Hare (have a look here)
🐈 Raining cats & dogs - Fiona Phillips (have a peek here)
🐈 First Step - Anora Ashurova (right here)
🐈 Cosmocats - Ekaterina Motorina (find it here)
Contemporary cat art: 6 top picks Contemporary cat art: 6 top picks Contemporary cat art: 6 top picks Contemporary cat art: 6 top picks Contemporary cat art: 6 top picks
Would you have a contemporary cat painting in your living room?
Or is it just a tad too much to digest?

💭 This post is in collaboration with Saatchi however my love for cat art is my very own, and you never know, maybe one day I'll become a famous cat artist making little mini cats from Cookie's fur and painting flowers with his fluffy tail! All images are via the Saatchi website. 

Follow