Okay, fair enough - I'm not at a your standard seagull-polluted beach, but am at a beach nonetheless. Here in Czech Republic (where I've been tanning my deadly pale face for past three days) we have got lake beaches, and river beaches as a matter of fact. They are not that glamorous as beaches at a seaside but they can sometimes be very swanky! So dressing up for a nice evening gig or a river theatre show is not totally out of question! And because I don't exactly enjoy spending my holiday time shopping for unexpected high-end occasions, I prefer dressin' up a simple day dress instead!    


The savviest step you can take when packin' for your holidays is to pack a few very simple multi-purpose dresses that you can dress up or dress down depending on the occasion. A great choice are these bonprix beach dresses, which are basically just uber simple jersey skater dresses made out of a soft material with a swing skirt, for, wait for it, just  £14.99. They come in millions of different colours (well, five really - but that's more than you'd need anyways!) and are quite lookalikes of the ones they were selling in Zara & Topshop not too long ago *wink wink*.

Above you can see a little instance of dressin' up such a simple dress. I picked up the bright orange number because I think it'd look stunning against tanned skin (& because I've been having quite an affair with neon colours lately - yes, another example of me jumping on a band wagon about ten months later than any other blogger *sigh*). A very simple way to get the right 'Bardot' chic look is to grab a massive white floppy straw hat, a pair of white sandals (I've seen both in Primark before I left for holidays, but if you're in need, they surely have some similar ones in H&M or Zara, I bet ya) and an oversized statement necklace - can be in a complimenting colour - white, blue, turquoise, or just plain tarnished silver whatever suits your mood & style. Finally, add a simple make-up look focusing on bronzed cheeks - I've been loving Topshop's Gleam lately, thick lashes with a black cat flick (Blinc products are brilliant for sweaty days, and don't tell me that you don't sweat in 30+ degrees!), matching nail polish (Essie from Fragrance Direct for  £1.99 - why not, ay!) & a subtle lipstick - I've been loving the new Bourjois chubby stick in Peach on a Beach, so pretty!     

Where are you goin' for holidays this summer?