My workspace update
As someone who works from home I spend most of my time typing away, editing, replying to e-mails.. all this from the comfort of my little home office. There's still a lot to do and it's far from perfect but it's a place which makes me feel creative, safe & ready to kick some internet butts. You might remember what this room looked like in early March - have a peek here - and you'll see what a long way it's come! I've been DIY-ing, searching for treasures at flea markets, collecting precious artwork and just generally cosying it up so every time I sit down it gives me that real sense of what my creativity looks and feels like.

🎨 WHAT HAVE I CHANGED?
🌿 Gallery wall, every wall
If art wasn't as expensive as it is (and it should be expensive - but then I should also be richer, right?) I'd have a gallery wall across every wall in this house. Just wait and see, I'll get there one day! So far I have put up a selection of posters, my dad's old art, my favourite Czech vinyl (I always wish there was a way to translate it for the rest of the world but because it's a spoken word with lots of puns it's just impossible, you got to trust me that it's hilarious!), my favourite photo of Shaun & me from Camden and a DIY Woody Allen quote I made with my little Dymo label maker a few years ago. I also added a large letter board in golden frame which I first saw on Cassie Bustamante's blog (read it here) & completely fell in love with it. This one is from RedCandy (buy it here) and it's absolutely perfect! It comes with hundreds of letters (286 to be precise) and adds such a fun element to the wall! And if letter boards are not your thing then they have lots of peg boards and mesh boards too, so many colours & sizes to choose from!
PS- if you wonder what the dribble marks on it are that's from Pippin who aways gets creative with it at night, oh the joy of having arty cats! 

🌿 That flamingo desk
You might have spotted this desk on my Instagram already but let me tell you - this is my favourite DIY to date. Originally this was a £15 IKEA Linnmon desk (see it here) which I've turned into this pin leg beauty with a pink flamingo worktop. I will be doing a full tutorial on how I've achieved this but even from these photos I think you can tell that it looks nothing like that old white tatty desk!

🌿 The breakout area corner
I do think that every home office space needs a little breakout corner. I mean you get a breakout area when you're working in an actual office so why would you deny yourself one when you're at home, right? Do you remember my Eames style chair? It's now proudly dominating the leisure quarter of my room (you can buy it here) adorned by a couple of bright Frida cushions (only £2.50 each here) and accompanied by a gorgeous Bloomingville belly basket (get it here via Amara) which stores all my cosy blankets for those cold work evenings. Obviously there need to be some plants around so I've added the most bohemian chic hanging planter I could find (buy it here via Amara) and my old fiddle leaf fig which is growing so quickly it's about to earn a new bigger pot soon! The little round table is from Walsall's curio shop (if you're ever in the Midlands you have to visit!) for £4 and I'm currently gathering inspiration on how to paint it - any ideas?

🌿 Cat company
Of course you can't possibly have a workspace in your house without a cat bed accompanying it. Cookie's favourite teepee (which you can make at home with just one cardboard box, some twine & wrapping paper!) is conveniently placed at the side of my desk (for when he wants cuddles/for when he wants to escape in a blink) with his beloved fake grass rug and some fluffy kicker toys. Pippin usually lounges on the furry pouffe which is still going strong despite it being from Asda some 2 years ago!
How I've created a stimulating workspace


Do you work from home?
What does your work space look like?

My workspace update
My workspace update
My workspace update
My workspace update
My workspace update
My workspace update
My workspace update
My workspace update
How I've created a stimulating workspace
💭 Some of these gorgeous bits & bobs have been gifted to me by various brands over the years of blogging (thank you!) - all have been chosen by me and I love them just as much as I love the treasures I've discovered at the flea market myself. 
Follow