Kobo glo HD review

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives one. 

FACT. 

I've probably read a couple hundreds books in my life already, I would even say that I might be getting close to a thousand. No word of a lie, I'm a first class bookworm. When I was moving to the UK I packed one pair of jeans - and two books. My home is basically one massive book store with book shelves overflowing, books stacked on my bedroom night stand, books inside of my bedroom night stand, books propping plants, books in baskets, books in piles. They are just everywhere. I even have a couple of them at work just in case I forget to bring one for my train journey home. I mean, honestly?! I've probably killed more trees than any human being should in the span of their whole life. 

There's only one thing that's keeping my book addiction in bay (sort of) - it's my Kobo. Do you remember it? I've had the little gem for over 3 years now (read about my initial excitement here) and it's become very tired, bless. It was the mini version, costing mere £30 at CEX back then. As it seems, it was time for replacement. The Kobo team has kindly asked me whether I'd like to upgrade to the brand new Kobo Glo HD. Hell yes! If there was one thing that annoyed me about my old Kobo baby it was the fact that it had no comfort light. So it kinda worked like a real book - you could only read it with a light on. Booo

What's the difference then between Kobo Mini & Kobo Glo HD? Obviously they are miles apart. Kobo Glo HD doesn't mess with your eyes as much as the old little one did. It has got a HD display (doh!) which means the text is crisper (less strain on your eye sight) and there's absolutely no glare. the battery lasts for 2 months (if you're reading about half an hour every single day) and it's super lightweight. Surprisingly although it's slightly larger in size than the mini one, it's much lighter! Although Kobo is a much cheaper alternative to Kindle, apparently the quality is comparable to the newest versions of Kindle Voyage and Paperwhite. You can get Kobo in Argos, WHSmith, Tesco, QVC or John Lewis.

So what have I been reading lately?
Mindy Kaling - Why Not Me?: Who doesn't love the Mindy Project can't be my friend. FACT (number two of today). Mindy is such a brilliant story teller! 
Catlin Moran - How To Be a Woman: I've been wanting to read this book for the longest time - and now all I want is to get past the chapter about pubes and periods. Dear Lord
Genealogy course: As I've mentioned here, I've started with an online genealogy course. It's ridiculously hard to find some time for this so I decided to download the pdfs on my Kobo so I can read it on my commute to work, win

Do you have an e-reader?
If so, are you a Kindle or a Kobo kind of person?