Blogs and magazines are now packed with articles about summer/autumn transitional pieces which you simply must have in your wardrobe. Not that many people remember though that it's not just your body that needs those extra layers to keep warm - your face shouldn't be an exception. Here are three additions to my colder weather morning skincare routine.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion + (£29, House of Fraser)
The key ingredient to successful summer to autumn skincare transition is to choose a good quality moisturiser, especially if your skin is as dry as last year's plum like mine! This Clinique moisturiser was super popular a few years back but in fact you can see its comeback every autumn/winter season. Why? Firstly, it works wonderfully - I use it religiously every single morning before I apply my foundation and because it's not very thick it sinks into your skin within seconds. Secondly, you are getting a massive 125 ml bottle of this bad boy which is very rare in the skincare world. Your standard size of a moisturiser is usually some 50 ml, if the company is feeling mega generous you might get 75 ml. Well done, Clinique, well done.  

Clinique Even Better Make-up SPF 15 (£25, House of Fraser)
I'm obsessed (you know it's getting serious when you keep the product displayed on your dresser right?) with Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation (read here) however with the colder weather I sometimes feel like I need to physically protect my skin as much as possible which means swapping sheer for slightly fuller, heavier coverage. In my case (I'm a lover of as little as possible on my face) that won't necessarily mean stocking up on Estee Lauder's Double Wear, oh dear no. Instead I've picked up the Even Better Make-up from Clinique. It's moisturising and dewy yet it makes me feel like I'm actually wearing a foundation. And don't forget that less sun doesn't equal less UV rays - always have at least SPF 15 on your face please!   

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer (£19, House of Fraser)
A slightly thicker concealer is a must with a slightly thicker foundation. I was using Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer last winter and it was brilliant - it doesn't dry out my skin and doesn't look cakey but it offer full coverage. Plus it comes in a super light shade (mine is Porcelain) which matches my washed out face. 


What changes do you make in your autumn/winter transition skincare routine?