So I got paid. And I went to shops. And spent way too much than I should have. Same old, same old. Whenever I buy make-up or other girly things I always justify it by saying that when I was in my teens I never used to have any make-up at all so now I'm making up for it! Well, sure I am. Here's literally a handful of beauty products I've managed to accumulate over the past couple of weeks (or days even?).  

Illamasqua Empower Palette (£34, Asos)
Okay, in fact I've had this palette for a good couple of months but I used it once, didn't really get on with it (oh the disappointment - I was eyeing it for months and when I got it it was such a let down!). shoved it in a 'to sell on Depop & forget the pain' box and have, well, forgotten about it. A couple of days back I was binge watching make-up tutorials on YouTube and saw this palette create the most stunning eye shadow make-up ever. Turns out I was just using it wrong (it has one cream black eye shadow in it - you can see the confusion right?). Gaaaah. Now we're back on track again. Lovers even.     

Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in Bitch Perfect (£23, John Lewis)
This is the very first Charlotte Tilbury product I've ever gotten and I can reassure you that it's not going to be the last one. It took me a while to get on the bandwagon with this one - I tend to be a little more careful when people rave about high end products. I mean - Illamasqua lipsticks? That chalky mess? And how much do they cost? ROLLS EYES. But Charlotte Tilbury seems to have it all under control though. Bitch Perfect is the most sophisticated pink I've ever seen. It stays on your lips for ages - and when reapplying you don't even need a mirror! I'll happily hand over my money to that woman.

Essie nail polish in Chinchilly (£7.99, Boots)
I may have mentioned that for more than a year, maybe even two years now, I have been restricting my nail polish purchases to Essie & the occasional Dior. There's so many nail polish brands and so many colours and so many effects and they are equally awesome and the panic and dread when there are literally thousands and thousands of little bottles to choose from. My solution - ignore everything and everyone and calmly walk to the Essie stand. Pick a colour. Walk to the counter. Pay. 2 minutes later - game over and new nail polish in your pocket. BAM! Chinchilly is one of those colours that literally everyone owns which made me think that maybe I should too. And now I do. And it makes me happy.   

Stila eye shadow in Kitten (£12, Boots)
As you may remember I own the Stila In the Light palette and it's been still probably my favourite palette out there. The only problem I had with it was that the shade Kitten disappeared way too quickly from its little pan. It's such a gorgeous champagne colour - I swear everyone should own it! It highlights, it brightens, it gives dimension to your eye make-up. Solution to my In the Light without Kitten sorrows - I bought a whole Kitten compact! SO MUCH KITTENS IN IT!  

Those little birdie scissors are from Tiger & the watch is from Aliexpress (link here).

Have you bought any pretty make-up lately?